Luxury Resort Search Engine Series
The Brando Resort | Eco Resort search was updated real-time via Filemaker on:The Brando Resort | Eco Resort | Return to Search List
Search Completed | Title | Eco-tourism Principles and Concepts a brief review
Original File Name Searched: ChandradeSilva-BENTOTAPRESTATION.pdf | Google It | Yahoo | Bing
Text | Eco-tourism Principles and Concepts a brief review | 001
Eco-tourism Principles and Concepts
a brief review
1st Living Lakes Asia Conference in Sri Lanka Organized by the NAGENAHIRU and EMACE Foundations
in collaboration with the Global Nature Fund in Germany funded by the European Union
Chandra de Silva, Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society
Ecotourism Society of Sri Lanka (ESSL)
Board Member of the International Ecotourism Society (TIES) – Washington DC
Founder Director / CEO Ranweli Holiday Village
OVERVIEW of tourism industry
• tourism has become the world’s most important civil industry, representing annually a US$3.5 trillion activity.
• The travel and tourism industry employs 127 million workers (1 in 15 workers worldwide)
• In 2005 there were 815 million international tourists (an all- time record) and it is estimated that domestic tourism may be ten times this figure.
Sources: WTO (2006), WTTC (2005)
• As deleterious in it’s impacts and environmental risks to any other major industry.
• Producing significant impacts on : Resource consumption, Pollution and Social systems.
Image | Eco-tourism Principles and Concepts a brief review
|Review of The Brando - French Polynesia - Eco Resort - Go to website|
Search Engine Contact: email@example.com